This section contains tutorials that covers different areas like creating a solution from template or scratch.
Note ! These tutorials was created using Profitbase Studio 6.0. Using newer versions may change how things are done and look.
Tutorials for creating a Sales Solution
These tutorials will guide you through how to use Profitbase Studio 6.0 to create a complete solution with data warehouse and SSAS database. All sections are based on the same example; "Sales"
-If you need help getting started and activating your license first, click here: Getting Started
The goal for completing these steps is to gain the sufficient skills to create a basic data warehouse using Profitbase Studio. If you follow the guide from top to bottom, you should be able to successfully create a complete solution and cube:
Description of content:
- Creating Solution from Template or Adding a new Solution. After opening Profitbase Studio; always start by opening or creating a solution.
- Extract from New Data Source. In order to add dimensions and fact tables, you need to connect to and extract from data sources first.
- Create a New Fact Table. Fact tables will be containing dimension IDs, measures and dates.
- Create New Dimensions. Dimensions will be containing dimension IDs, descriptions and attributes. Dimensions containing multiple attributes can be organized in multiple hierarchies.
- Create New SSAS Databases and Cubes. Dimensions and fact tables will be used to create a MS SSAS Multidimensional database with business logic.
After you have completed the tutorials, Profitbase Studio should look like this: